Tayyibah Taylor, Editor of Azizah Magazine for Muslim American Women

So those of you in Gender and Politics which feminist theoretical perspectives do you think expliciate Tayyibah’s perspective best?

By the way, I am putting two copies of AZIZAH on my office door for you to peruse upstairs in No. 14. And I thought I’d blow up the photo on the backcover of the Muslim American woman surfer and out it on my door too!

Cheers, Jacqui

3 thoughts on “Tayyibah Taylor, Editor of Azizah Magazine for Muslim American Women

1. James (Jalil) 213

Well I would say radical and social feminism since they both claim that the sexist heirarchy and patriarchal system are the main cause for the women oppression. I gather that Islamic feminists are mainly critical of patriarchal interpretation of Islamic teaching through the Quran which devalues women…

2. moonjoo 213

I think social feminism, focusing on creating social change. Social feminism argues that the liberation of the sources of women’s oprression can only be achieved by working to end both the economic and cultural aspects of women’s oppression and I think it fits Yayyibah’s perspective best.